Private The Council

Welcome to SWGalaxy RPG
Want to see more information on the setting and character creation? Check out the sidebar to the left

Aeaolen Kicka

Just a simple man.
Staff member
Administrator
Community Team
Imperial Palace, Eriadu
Post-Thyferra

Regent Tarkin sat at a long conference table with the members of the Imperial Ruling Council in addition to members of the Imperial High Command. Alongside them were a number of high-ranking and notable staff officers, political officials and others. "As you are aware I have entered into a treaty with the Sith Confederacy for a non-aggression pact and a cooperation agreement. The Dark Lord of the Sith was eager to stave off an attempt at a two-front war as we were. In return for this treaty, those worlds allied with the Confederacy will join the Galactic Empire and we will assist them in providing continued assistance to the Confederacy. This is a massive boon for the Empire ladies and gentlemen. The increased trade and access to resources with the Confederacy will provide us with new sources of revenue and manpower." The Regent was of course talking about human and near-human's who wished to escape the oversight of the Sith and come to a more "welcoming" environment. It also meant that the Empire could foster its human supremacy a little more easier by sharing in population trades with various Sith Lords, warlords and political officials: all under the table of course.

"Thyferra was a feint." The Regent continued. "Our high-level meetings with the Confederacy could not have been discovered. Thyferra, while punishing on some components of our military and navy will be rectified by the introduction of several new vessels and new vessel types into our armed forces. Imperial High Command has gathered significant data on the reformed New Republic Defense Forces and we will now foster the means to counter-act some of their newer equipment." Some within the Imperial Ruling Council, a body of advisors that served the Regent, clapped and applauded. The core of the Imperial Ruling Council remained steadfast and silent, this much as observed by Grand Moff Redar Brenau who sat with his hands folded on the table, only days away from his rescue at Thyferra. The Grand Moff hadn't been fully aware of the Regent's plan but it made sense to him. A treaty between the Sith Confederacy and the Galactic Empire would be, without question, a significant boon to the Imperial economy and security situation. A one-front war was far better than a two-front war.

"I have gathered you here today to make several announcements and diktats that I expect to be followed out." The Regent motioned as datapads and other digital information was being dispatched. "Effective immediately, COMPNOR and the Imperial Security Bureau will begin operations on all worlds forthwith. This has already begun happening but after a meeting with the Select Committee, they shared my enthusiasm. Our efforts in our shipyards are to be doubled and whatever resources required for the production of vessels is to be given immediate priority. Resettlement and population transfers are to be given priority to worlds that require additional labor." The Regent continued to rattle off dozens of new directives, directions and the occasional tangent. Brenau was aware of the presence of High Inquisitor Aeaolen Kicka, recently returned from an extended stay on Thyferra, was looming in the corner with several Inquisitors and a curiously hooded red armored figure. It was indeed one of the Emperor's Royal Guards, the so-called "Red Guard" and that was a curious inclusion as they didn't often venture out in to the metaphorical "wild".

"In addition to the Inquisition the Royal Guard will serve as the hand of the Regent as an extension of the Emperor's Will." The core of the Imperial Ruling Council, the so-called "Shadow Council", remained steadfast and unflinching. The others, gasped. "Effective immediately the Royal Guard will begin the securing of individuals with sensitivity to the Force to assist the Inquisition in their duties and assist me in effectively ruling the Empire in the stead of the Emperor." Tarkin was not necessarily keen on the Force and his anti-Jediism ran deep from the days of the Clone Wars but he understood that they served as a potent weapon within the realm of the warfare and knew that the Inquisition, with all their duties, would not do it alone.

Last edited:
The Regent had called Grand Moff Redar Brenau into his private office shortly after dispatching the others to await their respective meetings with members of the Shadow Council or the Imperial Ruling Council. The Grand Moff entered into the room and bowed to the Regent. "How are things in your sector Moff Brenau?" The Regent's words were sharp and dagger-like. Brenau nodded his head. "They are improving. The treaty should help us rid ourselves of lesser Separatist holdouts, the major ones will remain." Brenau had returned briefly to Javin before being called to Eriadu to meet with the Imperial Ruling Council and the Regent. "Do you have adequate forces?" Brenau was always unsure if the Regent was being sarcastic or he genuinely cared about the situation. "The departure of Admiral Thane will serve as a blow but I believe that Captain Drale, should he be made available, will serve as an adequate replacement." Brenau was unsure of what was to become of Admiral Thane but he was assured by his contacts in the Imperial Navy that he was to be taken care of given his efforts at Thyferra.

"Captain Drale will be dispatched, I believe he is on track for promotion following his efforts at Thyferra. He will soon be Rear Admiral Drale." Tarkin nodded. "I will be assigning several specialized formations and units to you in your oversight of the re-conquest of the Rim. First and foremost, you will have at your disposal High Inquisitor Aeaolen Kicka and a squad of Dark Troopers...they will be filled in with further Inquisition reinforcements. In addition we will be deploying a platoon of Shadow Troopers to provide necessary reinforcement for worlds that do not believe in the Empire's merits." Brenau nodded at the Regent as he proceeded to list additional resources and forces that were to be provided, including elements of the Imperial Army, Navy and the Imperial Stormtrooper Corps. Brenau was somewhat shocked to hear that the Regent would be dedicating such a presence to the Reconquest of the Rim campaign. "I was unaware that we had such resources?" The Regent smirked. "We've utilized our time appropriately. As you're aware we've deployed a number of state of the art TIE factories around the Galaxy, including a number in protected locations. They've been preparing swathes of TIE fighters. I will admit that the presence of the New Republic's X-Wing has prompted the development to shift towards prototype designs. The TIE Interceptor has finally entered serial production. We've also shifted some starship production towards those with anti-starfighter vessels while also increasing our production of the Imperial-class." The Regent was providing serious information and that elated Brenau as to sense that the Regent trusted him.

"Regent, what of the Royal Guard?" Brenau posed the question to the Regent. The Regent smirked again. "We will be deploying one of our Sovereign Protector's to oversee speciality operations in the region."

Last edited:
Regent Tarkin had concluded his meeting with the Grand Moff, who had been dispatched to oversee the start of the Western Reaches Operation alongside its Imperial commanders. High Inquisitor Aeaolen Kicka strolled into the Regents office, he bowed to the Regent and the Regent returned a nod. "High Inquisitor." Tarkin stated in his heavily accented Core voice. Aeaolen did not say anything, he moved closer to the Regent's desk. "I have need of your talents in the midst of the Western Reaches Operation." Tarkin stood, moving from behind the desk, appearing in front of Aeaolen and leaning against his desk. "I require you to search out something that Palpatine had made mention of in his personal archives." Aeaolen had been scanning the room but now his attention was firmly on the Regent. +He has the personal archives of the Emperor?+ Aeaolen's mind immediately went towards what the knowledge contained within has. It's no secret now that the Dark Lord of the Sith would have repositories of knowledge and writings, teachings, but to have access to that personal archive? That could be a treasure trove to learn about the Dark Side and bring true order to the Galaxy.

"The Emperor had made mentions of a Secret Order of the Empire, something about the Emperor's Mages?" Tarkin was simultaneously making a statement and asking a question. "I have no information regarding that." Aeaolen replied, his hands folded in front of him, the cloak on his hood remaining on his head. "Ah, I had figured that your Inquisitorial scowering had uncovered something." Tarkin smirked briefly, leaning over his desk and reaching for a datapad, he extended that datapad out to Aeaolen. "I believe you want this?" Tarkin's hand containing the datapad remained extended. "It is yours Inquisitor. I trust that you will utilize it for the purposes of the Empire." Aeaolen reached out and took the datapad, he could feel the swell of the Dark Side inside of him: the passion, the desire, the hatred for the enemies of the Empire.

"You will serve as an extension of my will in the Western Reaches Operation." Tarkin left the front of the desk and returned to behind the desk. "You will serve as the hammer that the brings the Empire's will to these lawless sectors of space. I expect no mercy, I expect no quarter for the enemies. This is not just about the Empire, this will further solidify our alliance with the Sith Confederacy by eliminating those that betrayed the Dark Lord." Tarkin was a competent diplomat and the "alliance", if it could be called that with the Sith Confederacy had ensured that the Empire only faced a one-sided war with the New Republic and the Jedi Order, something that Aeaolen knew was a boon for the success of the Empire's overall status.