Private (Factional) Deal or No Deal.

Welcome to SWGalaxy RPG
Want to see more information on the setting and character creation? Check out the sidebar to the left

Aeaolen Kicka

Just a simple man.
Staff member
Administrator
Community Team
The Hutt Charity had hung in orbit above Bendeluum for several days now, it had been surrounding by a relatively minor flotilla of smaller vessels assisting in the protection of Vossak the Hutt. Vossak, Clan-General of the Qunaalac Kajidic and a so called "Crime Lord" had departed from Hutt Space several months prior to begin forging his criminal empire unto itself. He made a stop on Gannaria, a world known for its spice production but was quick to realize that the competition on the planet had attracted the attention of the Empire and he thus made himself scarce. Vossak had appointed a local spice runner, Jaurlem Tritar, a Gotal as his personal "Hutt Counselor" on the planet. In the Hutt society, the title of "Hutt Counselor" was awarded to non-Hutts who were desigated as representatives of a specific Hutt kajidic or a specific Hutt. Vossak didn't trust the Gotal but he had left a capable right-hand man with him, a veteran member of Vossak's crew, Hah Duldulq, a Weequay who served as a member of the Hutt Expeditionary Force. The "HEF" as it was called as an informal military force that the Hutt Grand Council managed and dispatched on missions of importance with various Hutt's as leaders.

Vossak had been involved in long-term negotiations with various Nothoiin crime families and groups to secure their allegiance. Vossak had been engaged with "Hierarch" Drak Kath, a Nothoiin who lead by the Jade Skull clan, group, whatever they considered themselves to be. Kath had deep ties to ur-diamond mining back on his homeworld and had been involved in illicit trade of mining materials and supplies. Vossak had wanted to begin building a wider "extension" of the Hutt Expeditionary Force that was loyal to him and forging a kajidic militia but that required resources. Vossak and Kath sat together, a long table separating them. Vossak, not wishing to speak to Kath in basic, had a Hutt Security Droid, which had been modified with hands provide translation services for him. The Hutt Security Droids were incredibly rare outside of Hutt Space but this one had been gifted to Vossak before he departed by his father.

The Hutt Security Droid resembled a half-snake, half-droid to most but they were most similar to the Hutts. Vossak let out a roaring laugh and held his corpulent belly. "Kath you expect me to only accept 17%?" Vossak spoke in Huttese as the droid translated almost near instantly when he was finished. Drak, his hands folded neatly in his lap as he sat away from the tables edge. "You expect more? There is no guarantee for success." The Nothoiin's accent was heavy but Vossak understood it, he also understood what the Nothoiin was saying. "I am asking you to provide me with materials and a new source of credits. I am not asking for your entire operation." Vossak responded, he plucked a handful of grapes from the table and placed them in his mouth. A handful for him was a bushel for normal humans and near-humans. "And what do I get in return Vossak? Some Hutt marked pirates?" The Nothoiin ran a relatively minor operation but one that Vossak could certainly get his hands into and start working from there.

Vossak again laughed. Kath's minor operation was expanding, perhaps not at a dangerously alarming rate to the others but it was expanding. His Jade Skull group had been recently taken notice of a much larger, more prominent criminal enterprise that was backed allegedly by the Black Sun but none of that confirmed. Vossak had come to learn through sources, sources he had to pay sums of credits to, that the miners working for Kath had decided that it was time to unionize. That meant increased wages, more time off and less money for Kath and that was Vossak's ace in the hole. "Are you aware of a man named Chojel Walla?" Chojel was a human who had come from the Bakura system to work for Kath following the events on Arden II where the Empire broke a mining dispute. Chojel was a professional union organizer and had somewhat of a reputation for being a seedier character who could be bought and the Empire had done the same to tame the mining workers in the system. They received their "union" but it was tightly controlled through agreements between the "workers" and the Empire.

Vossak lifted his hand, offering it up to the door. In the door walked Chojel. Chojel offered a bow to the Hutt and the Nothoiin. "I have consulted with Chojel and some of your organizers here have already decided to make the calls to him." The Hutt motioned for Chojel to come over to the table and offered him a seat, a very overt show that the Hutt was directing this meeting and not the Nothoiin. The Nothoiin sat there perplexed and confused more than anything. The Jade Skull had employed hundreds of workers and he had informants within the ranks, how could he not know about this? The Nothoiin sat back in his chair and folded his hands across his lap. "And what do you propose Vossak?" The Nothoiin was clearly uncomfortable, or unhappy whatever the case was: it was positive for Vossak. "I offer Chojel's services here. He will order you unruly band of laborers into a labor alliance and we will have our agreement. I contain your workers from becoming quarrelsome and you supply me with materials as desired."

The Nothoiin rubbed his chin and sat back. Vossak had showed his ace in the hole, he had to. He had demands that needed to be met and the mining operation on Bendeluum was the start of meeting those demands. Vossak chuckled and rubbed his corpulent stomach yet again. "You see Kath...I might not be the biggest boss yet...but I will be." The Hutt was certain of himself and he had the backing of his kajidic at this moment, hopefully that continued. "Chojel will assist in the establishment of this union and soon enough..." Vossak paused, he would now make an offer to the Nothoiin that couldn't be refused. "Chojel will then begin the process of gaining other mining corporations workers under his thumb. We will apply pressure and..." The Nothoiin sat forward in his seat. "You'll funnel them towards me?" The excitement was visibly present in the Nothoiin's eyes. "We will work to undermine your competition so that you may...expand your operations." The Hutt knew he had to give some to get some; it was a victory either way. If Vossak secured what he needed and the high price tag that Chojel charged was worth it, it would be a net positive for the Hutt as the expansion of Kath's mining operation would in turn feed him resources.

In reality, this would be a major victory for Vossak and his minor criminal empire. Vossak had not seriously expanded his efforts anywhere outside of some limited work done for his own kajidic and that was something that weighed heavily on the Hutt. The victory here would be a much needed confidence boost as well as an injection of materials and possibly credits. Chojel and Vossak had worked out the plan, they intended to extort Kath and the workers for their dues but generally agreed to secure them a slightly better future to keep them content. Chojel would work to agitate other mining operations on the planet. He would start with the smaller ones and then work his way up, if possible. The deal would mean that Vossak would be able to put in place people on worlds that the Nothoiin's crew operated on and potentially, if he played his cards right usurp the Nothoiin's position as its leader and integrate them into his criminal empire.