Plot Submittal: Yavin Relic Hunt

Welcome to SWGalaxy RPG
Want to see more information on the setting and character creation? Check out the sidebar to the left

Blarg Spartan 999

Knight
Jedi Order
Feb 1, 2021
Plot Title: Yavin Relic Hunt (probably)

Participants: Jedi Knight Rowan Caltera

Objectives:
~ Rowan hunts for, locates, and acquires at least one relic located in the Yavin System.

Outline:

After forging a new lightsaber (the thread in which that will happen is still in progress), Rowan starts hunting down some leads to prepare for the dark future Kylar Thrane saw in vision. First, he feels prompted to investigate the Yavin system, where I primarily want to have Rowan find and acquire Revan's Mask.

That being said, I also noticed that the Heart of the Guardian and the Mantle of the Force crystals are also in the Yavin system, albeit in a different spot than the Mask. I thought that it would be fitting for Rowan to “complete” his new lightsaber with one of them. So, if the staff team is amenable to the idea, I would like Rowan to acquire at least one of those unique crystals in addition to Revan's Mask. I would love to nab both crystals too, but I feel that's probably pushing it for one character, or at least for a single outing. If staff deems this thread to be limited to the acquisition of a single relic, that's perfectly fine and I understand. In that case, I will focus on Revan's Mask like I had originally planned.

Reactions: Sharkk
I give my approval for the Heart of the Guardian Crystal relic hunt. When I added in Revan's Mask I sorted envisioned a sort of mini-event based around it so a few people could try and do a thread for it and somehow someone gets chosen for it. With that in mind, I'm not entirely opposed to the mask being found outside of this manner, albeit perhaps in a follow up to this? Like you do the plot run and find the crystal and whatever else might come your way during it [extra tech, a special ship maybe along the way?] and then if you adequately earn the HoTG then you could come back for pt. II and look for the mask if no one else has shown interest! I love that.

I imagine this could even give you a chance to bring another Jedi in on the second part, perhaps finding the other crystal too, or even just mentioning it to them so they could run/submit their own plot :]

• Heart of The Guardian - Paired with the Mantle of the Force this lightsaber crystal's origin and history has been lost to time, but the Jedi have tales that it's connected to both their order and the Sith. When used in lightsaber construction it produces a bronze energy blade with a yellow core and also boosts the effects of other crystals used in it's forging. The beam produced by this blade is also notably swift and devastating, somewhat thinner than most, perhaps sharper while also burning a tad hotter. Located on Yavin 22 within the wreckage of Yavin Station, lost.

That makes sense for Revan's Mask. It is definitely one of the coolest relics on the list, to be sure. I will absolutely try to acquire it later, whether in a solo thread or a competitive event like you'd envisioned.

I'd actually thought about having another Jedi go with Rowan on this first relic hunt, where they each got one of the unique crystals. Unfortunately, his list of who he'd want to talk about this trip with is pretty small. Either way, I can definitely use this thread to prompt another Jedi into hunting for the other crystal after Rowan returns.

Also, since I created this submittal, I decided that I'd like Rowan to find the Mantle of the Force crystal, not the Heart of the Guardian. If that's okay with staff.

That’s fine! I can also offer Gungnir my Jedi for things.